HeartSafe Charlestown-Westerly focuses on community wide interventions to effectively increase survival and improve outcomes from sudden cardiac arrest and other acute cardiovascular emergencies.
Communities must be recognized as "ultimate coronary care units" in order to effectively increase survival and improve outcomes from sudden death. Community wide interventions that will improve overall quality and increase the likelihood of early bystander initiated CPR and prompt defibrillation are critical aspects of any effort to reduce death and disability from cardiac arrest. The optimal strategy is one that actively engages a community at all levels.
We are a group of community leaders, guided by best practices and subject matter experts. Our focus is on implementing best practices in improving outcomes from sudden cardiac arrest.
We aim to:
- Encourage data collection and dissemination
- Promote public education and training
- Improve delivery of high-quality resuscitation and post-arrest care
- Enhance the impact of cardiac arrest therapies
- Strengthen local stakeholder collaboration